7 January 2013

EtsyMetal blog carnival


Welcome to our EtsyMetal monthly Blog Carnival!
Blog Carnival is about a group of our members sharing their experience on a common topic



Topic: New Years Resolutions!

Happy New Year! I always start the New Year with lots of resolutions to keep, whether I stick to them is another matter!
This year is no different of course but I hope to stick to as many as possible.

1, Lose some weight! of course I always start with this one, time to shift some pounds gained over Christmas and a bit more besides.  Also to become more active, I really want to start running, at the min I can possibly manage 10 meters without passing out. *snort*

2, Stop biting my nails.  Yes I have done this all of my life, it is a horrible habit but at the same time I enjoy doing it! Gross I know and my nails look beyond terrible bit I can't help it.  I would love to have nice nails to paint, so maybe this is the year!?

3, Start a creative challenge and stick to it.  This year is Brooch a Week and I have successfully completed week 1.  This is the first time I have ever made a pin/brooch and I like how it turned out.

Brooch a Week, wk1


4, Learn new skills.  I keep saying that I want to make rings and I will!  I need to practice more as I would really like to start adding some to my Etsy shop. Watch this space. Edited to say that I want to learn stone setting too, I forgot about this and was reminded yesterday when I received some lovely stones to use in the mail.

5, Be a more positive person.  I need to be more happy. Towards the end of last year I realised I was getting grumpier and grumpier and little things and people were annoying me pretty much most of the time. I need to have a more positive outlook and I am determined to not be as grumpy this year.

6, Be more sociable.  I tend to be a bit of a loner and I don't go out as much anymore but I think it's because I like my own company and to do my own thing, my partner is kind of the same so we are a good match!

7, Be more frugal.  I am a bit of spender and I like the idea of being more frugal and saving a bit more than I do.  I have been reading Frugal Queens blog and it is very interesting and a bit of an eye opener!  I won'r be as extreme but it has some great tips.


I think that is enough to be getting on with for now, see what other members of the team have in store for this years resolutions and goals.





8 comments :

Duni said...

I set goals rather than make resolutions ;-)
Congrats on completing your first challenge. The brooch is amazing!
Good Luck with your list!!
Duni - via EBT

Memories for Life said...

Great list of goals here! I bit my nails til I was 23. I quit by keeping my nails painted all the time. I don't like chipped paint and I didn't like paint in my teeth...lol. So keeping them painted kept me from biting. Once I broke the habit, I was good to go :)
Can't wait to see your rings!

Jewellietta said...

We have many common goals for this year (except number 2). It's nice to feel that you don't try alone. Good luck, and happy and creative 2013 : )

PeculiarForest said...

Duni, thanks so much, my first brooch so I am happy it turned out :)

I would love to paint them but really, I have hardly any nail! it's shocking. I really need to try now!

Jewellietta, yay we can stick to them together!

tkmetalarts said...

You're already doing better than me about trying new things. Great start on your BAW. Keep going - we want to see more brooches and rings.

Deborah Lee Taylor said...

Goals are better to set than so called 'resolutions'. I set similar ones myself. : ) Your first BAW is fantastic!! I didn't know it was your first brooch too- love it!

PeculiarForest said...

Thank you guys, really enjoying the BAW challenge so far and I am determined to make 52!

Anonymous said...

在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app