13 March 2011

New metal piercings

As promised here are a couple of pieces I finished this weekend. I  am really happy how they turned out and I think my piercing skills are improving as well as my finishing skills!
First up is the bird on a branch piece which I blogged about earlier in the week saying it was my next challenge.  My first attempt went wrong as I cut out a piece I wasn't supposed to so this time I planned my cuts and all went to plan.

I love that one!
Next is a cherry blossom which is slightly domed and I put in a rivet for the centre part of the flower, a very sweet and dainty piece.  I am really loving the oxidized look on the copper and I think it gives the piece a lot more depth.
 I think I will add both to my etsy shop today, I have another couple of pieces but I just need to edit the pics so they are for another post.
I hope you like them :)

13 comments :

steufel said...

Wow - awesome!

PeculiarForest said...

Thank you! :)

OnePerfectDay said...

Very pretty!
I love the flower!

Amanda said...

I love them! How cute. :) I especially like the little bird.

PeculiarForest said...

Thanks Guys! :D

Heather said...

OMG bird on a branch is adorable! I love your stuff, it's beautiful!

Norma G. said...

Love the birdie pendant. Off to check out your Etsy shop. Found you on EBT.

PeculiarForest said...

Thanks so much everyone, I am glad you like the pieces as I love the piercing technique and want to do more! :D

Lulu Grey said...

Those are so pretty. I especially love the Cherry Blossom.

Eyelah said...

your necklaces are lovely. I'm your latest follower.

PeculiarForest said...

Thank you all for reading and following :D

Re-Purpose History said...

I adore the little bird

Anonymous said...

在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app